Do you have a rash on your face that look like the wings of a butterfly? Do you suffer from chronic fatigue or been having unexplained fevers?
If so, you may be wondering if those could be an early sign of lupus?
12 Early Signs Of Lupus
Lupus can be difficult to diagnose. One reason is that the disease can be very different in different people. Also, the signs and symptoms are often quite similar to other medical conditions.
That said, here are some common signs that could indicate someone has lupus…
- Frequent, low grade fevers
- Chronic, often debilitating, fatigue
- Skin rash, commonly butterfly-shaped across the cheeks and bridge of the nose
- Lesions (non-itchy)
- Swollen joints (often painfully so)
- Hair loss and hair that is brittle and breaks easily
- Breathing issues due to lung inflammation
- Nephritis (kidney inflammation)
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
- GI issues including acid reflux and heartburn
- Thyroid problems
Up next, 3 Causes of Lupus.