5 Ways of Preventing Melanoma
There are 5 primary things you can do to reduce your risk of melanoma.
There are things you can do to reduce your risk of melanoma. These include:
- Wear sunscreen all the time – year round and even on cloudy days
- Don’t spend much time in the sun during the middle of the day
- Cover your skin with protective clothing including a hat, sunglasses and dark clothing that cover your arms and legs
- Stay away from tanning beds/lamps
- Keep an eye on your skin and be on the lookout for any changes
If you’re concerned you have some of the signs of melanoma, it’s best to consult with a medical professional to get a proper medical diagnosis and to determine any appropriate treatment.